Saturday, August 8, 2009

You ain't gonna beliieve this!

This morning started off like a miracle for me.

I did a "modified" premediated nap thing (couch and shoes on) not too long after radiation yesterday and followed all of that with a different supper made by Tim Jr. I've been eating really soft stuff just in case my system couldn't handle the chemo. Unlike the norm, Jr loaded me up on some good, solid stuff and I could really tell the difference.

This morning, for the first time since Father's Day, I got up, made a cup of coffee and drank two cups on the back porch. I haven't been able to drink coffee since Father's Day. My stomach couldn't take it. Feels...........shall I say "normal".

The really good part about Saturday and Sunday surrounds "no" going to the hospital. That includes "no" chemo for two solid days.

Last night Ben, Tim Jr's buddy from high school, Tanya, Kristin's cousin and Ben's wife, came for a visit. That was cool too cause I've known Ben since he was in the tenth grade. Nice to have that support group of familiar, smilin' faces of people you really like alot.

Kristin is still running around like the "XO" taking care of the business end of getting settled into a new place. Girl has a note book attached to her hip and she doesn't miss anything. IT's a bit pressure filled for them too but they're taking the steps to deliver an end result that will allow me to have a great degree of confidence about my day to day hospital thing which now appears to be cast in stone for another five weeks. Never thought I'd ever have a daily hospital thing that would run this long. It' s already been somewhere around 50 days. Wow!

Can not wait until Joey and Tim Jr go get my motorhome. I really am glad to see them get engaged with the project of fixing things that will provide me with all my clothes, my own television, my own space and, at the same time, a tune up on my generator which will be just in time to provide alternative power should a storm knock out the power.

I'll have a really nice bedroom at Tim and Kristin's place and will probably move from Joey's next week. I'm glad I put Joey up in my condo years ago as payback is sometimes a really good thing.

Whenever I used to come to Shreveport, I pretty much came to see Joey anyway. I've always felt really comfortable here but no matter how you look at it, anytime you have someone in your own "space" it can eventually become crowded. The motorhome and the bedroom at Tim and Kristin's house will really be a God send for all of us. It's always nice to be able to have your own privacy.

I guess that's about it for today. I just wanted everybody who has been asking about the progress and the concerns about dealing with the chemo that my Oncologist's orders and the dosages he's prescribed are working like a sewing machine. I may fall off the end of the earth as the chemo becomes spread out over the next few weeks and the chemical effects change, but right now, I'm one happy camper as it relates to "not" having any experiences that we "thought" we would have with the chemo/radiation thing. Not all people are the same and apparently, I'm not one of those who have a tough time with it right off the bat. Yipee!

Despite what the posting time says on this thing, it's 8:56 a.m. right now and I'm going to go take a hot shower and a nice shave. Hope everybody has as good a day as I'm having.

Senior,
Kickin' that gbm 4 butt all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment