Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cousin Russ and the Radiation Department

Joey took me to the hospital today.

Long before we left his house, we decided to go to "Beam's Resturant" in Bossier for a plate lunch so I could fill that stomach and better handle all the pills.

Did all that and arrived at 11:45 just before the noon rush.

As we were sitting there waiting on lunch, I noticed a familiar looking guy walk into the resturant. Focused those eyeballs and discovered that it was my cousin Russ. I waved at him and he came over for a short visit.

We discussed the wreck, the trip to Houston and the effects of chemo and radiation. Everybody seems to be interested in the "effects" from drugs and radiation whether it is the prescription stuff that comes with chemo or the radiation induced feeling of fatigue that comes from taking sclaps from the cancer.

Even though my visit with Russ was pretty short, as it related to "how" I am handling the drug saturation and the radiation, it more or less ended with a statment on my part that I was very well taken care of, avoiding the down side of all this through a perfect balance of drugs but I was stoned a part of every day.

Russ just kinda looked up at me, smiled and said: "Dang it, boy. Those radiation folks sound like my kinda people. I'd kinda like to come down there and hang out with em for a day or so".

My goodness! Day to day little things that make a really shitty situation turn out to be a really postive one, never ceases to amaze me. I am lucky to be here and I know it.

More later, perhaps tomorrow. Hello to Ted and Mary and thanks to Buddy and Donna.

Steroid crash in effect and with the radiation fatigue, I'm going to go down for a little 3 hour premediated nap.

Tim Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment