Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Radiation Gun Run

The helicopter at the top of the page was one of the ships I flew when I was scouting for the 11th Armored Cav. This ship made many trips into Cambodia.

If you look close enough, you'll see the minigun on the left hand side of the ship. That's a 4,000 round per minute, fire breathin' gatlin gun. That's almost 70 bullets per second.

Today, when I was in the radiation treatment itself, I started to count the time span as each shot is made by Waylon, Lisa and.....you know, the chickies. It seemed like it was a two second burst at each point around a 360 degree circle. I thought that would be roughly 140 rounds of minigun fire going into my head.

During this little game, I would mentally take the OH 6 above and make two second shots from the minigun into my right temporal lobe area and watch as each round took out another cell. I was shootin' em in the back all across the spot I needed to hit. They were screamin' and holding their arms in the air as the fell stone ass dead on the site.

I visualized going so fast that I could make maneuver that we called "a cyclic climb".

That maneuver would give me a ton of altitude real quick but at the same time take me to a a final altitude with zero vertical airspeed that would let me make a pedal turn and dive straight down with the minigun blasting away. It's a pretty ballsy maneuver and we didn't use them all the time but high time, experienced pilots could do it very well.

In any event, as I dove down toward my head blastin away with the minigun, I could see the cells that I was shooting. Those were the ones I had been shooting in the back only a moment before the cyclic climb. Now, after the climb and the 180 rotation that took me from a climb straight up to a dive straight down, I could see the rounds hitting them in the chest. Man, were they freakin' out.

I made another pass or two from the sides because Waylon and the chickies had been rotating the radiation unit. Each time they rotated the unit, I just changed my angle of attack a little and then I'd give em another 2 second burst and 140 rounds or so.

We're actually pilin' up a good amount of dead, burned bodies.

The formula we rec'd from Neurology seems to indicate that we've killed 1.8 million of them in the past 3 weeks and 2 days. It's either 1.8 or 18.0 million.

At 140 rounds per pass, you can see that Waylon and the chickies are doin a hell of a lot better with their body count than I am but, that's okay cause I get to mentally kill em every night. I do that just to piss em off and kinda punish em..........cause I can out "mind game them" every day.

In any event, there's the kinda crazy stuff that goes on in radiation. They're real serious about it, good at it, and serious as a heart attack about it...........but they like the idea of me making gun runs on it with the OH 6.

One last note about the future.

MARVIN, with regard to the future, there's a motorcycle, a corvette and as always, some campin'. But right now you have to GET to the future first. That's what I'm workin' on.

Ya'll have a nice day.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Tim! Hang in there....we are with you every step of the way....Martha and Otto

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing some of those videos with your helicopter that you shot when you got home from Vietnam. You played them on the wall at 254 Atlantic. It was during a fire fight from hell. I was scared and overly impressed then, just like I am now. Hang tough Tim, I know you can. Love and Hugs from your Big Sis, Elaine

    ReplyDelete