Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Good news.

Last night I hit the rack at 11:05 pm. Don't know how I managed to overpower or escape the speed like feeling from the steroids that generally keep me up till 3 or 4 in the morning but I did. The only change I experienced yesterday came from the fact that I had been off the chemo and radiation during the week end and Tim jr, Kristin and Joey fixed a huge meal, much larger than normal. I packed my stomach as full as I could.

Yesterday, Tim and Joey brought my motorhome to Shreveport for some work. More important to my mission is the fact that I now have my own clothes, shoes, belts personal effects etc. You'd be surprised how pissed off you can get from not being comfortable. When you are on steroids, the smallest things can sometimes really piss you off.f

This morning at around 7:30 or so, Tim Jr called me to warn me of the coming rain and the need to close the vents on the roof in the motorhome. I told Joey and he went outside to close the windows and cover up everything that needed to be covered up. No problems and no water damage. Felt good about that too.

I'm really beginning to feel the ebb and flow of all this stuff and having a much greater sense of accomplishment as it relates to the "myth" that everybody who takes chemo and radiation is gonna be sick as a dog during the entire six week long process. In my case, it simply isn't true. Don't want you guys and gals to be thinking that I'm puking all day long and staggering around the hospital and Joey's house with a walker. Ain't so!

At any rate, just wanted to tell everybody that the process is working and better than that, it's working without any pain of any kind. My knock out headaches are gone, my immediate support group of Tim, Kristin and Joey look over me like a guard dog, my secondary support group (Steve) told me to call him anytime and he would come runnin' my way.

My customers are still calling and I'm still able to be engaged in things like material specifications and "trucking" to the job site. Had a call Saturday to tell me that they couldn't haul stone to the job site on Sunday. Just a little thing but something that I appreciated as it still makes me a player that's putting some influence into the game.

Chemo in 3 minutes, gotta fly. Thanks for checking and Joel, thanks for the email.

Tim Sr.
Uncle Tim
Blue 28
White 8

No comments:

Post a Comment