Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday morning

It's 3:55 Monday morning and I'm having a little trouble sleeping again. Will get with the fat cat at the hospital today when I go in for my daily radiation thing and see if I can get some help with all that.

The week end off from chemo was especially nice as I didn't have any kind of stomach issues at all. Allowed me to eat everything from home made blueberry muffins all the way to ribeyes. Thanks for those, Hark!

I still have to take the steroids 24/7 for the brain swelling and they speed me up like nobody's business but even a small bit of relief from all that might be accomplished through some kind of prescription for sleeping. Just don't want to be knocked out all the time.

I think today is the day that Tim Jr and Joey are going to get my clothes and my motorhome from Leesville. Man, I hope so, I'm tired of not having my stuff and especially tired of wearing pajamas all the time or alot of the time. Nothing like having your own space and since I have another 5 weeks of this stuff, I'd really like to have a little spot I could hang my hat while every body else's life progresses at their own rate without me being in the middle of it.

One last thing, received my first real bill from the VA in Saturday's mail. Other than the $1.85 bill for whatever it was, this is the first one I've received for "treatment".

Don't mean to even remotely imply that I am not thrilled with the treatment I've been given in Houston and Shreveport but My God, I sure paid the premiums for all this in Vietnam and Cambodia.

Tired but hangin' tough. Will add something a little later in the day if appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment