Saturday, August 22, 2009

1957 Motorcycle

That picture is a shot in the back yard on Dixie Garden of my 1957 Model 8, Mustang Motorcycle. It was a junker when I bought it and it took a year to do all the restoration work but it sure turned out nice. Bob Robinson did the hard stuff, Buddy Trudell did the paint, Marvin helped do some of the assembly work. I busted knuckles more than once.

It lives in a private collection in New Mexico.

I gave Tim Jr. a 1955 Mustang frame that I bought from a guy named Alan Wenzel who is, in my opinion, the go to guy to buy Mustang parts from. It's a reproduction frame and is brand new but it's the frame they used in the mid fifities. There's a Mustang link here for you guys who are old scooter nuts. Jr is going to build a Navy Theme Bike.

Speaking of Jr, I spent the afternoon at Tim and Kristins today. First time I've done that. They now have wireless, direct tv and all the goodies. Ron came by to look at the electrical connections and do a lay out to install a 30 amp circuit to accommodate my motorhome. Would be quite nice for me to be able to have my own little cubby hole to hide in from time to time. One of the boys will pick up a brand new roof mounted air conditioner Monday.

Jr gone to Monjuni's for Italian and plans are unfolding for a movie after dinner. Don't know if I'll be able to stay awake as I'm really tired but I'll give it a shot.

One quick note about Inglorius Basterds.

I'd forgotten the rules about common sense and logic among your enemies. When they ignore common sense and logic and they refuse to cease and desist with whatever you tell them to cease and desist about, you get to do "ruthless".

Last night, long after the movie was over, I thought about all of the attempts we've made in the last 100 years to use as much logic and common sense as possible as it related to the "enemies" we've had.

Most specifically, I thought about the second world war and how my uncles had to deal with all that "hard headedness or stubborn attitude" among those who would have killed us or enslaved us.

I had uncles that served on Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, stood watch on the East Coast during u boat patrols, was the first U S Army Medic to enter Mauthausen Concentration Camp and one was captured by the Germans when fighting Rommel and the "Afrika Corp". (Turned in by Muslims).

When you think about that kind of thing, it's kinda refreshing to re-discover just how wonderful it is to achieve a specific result by using the opposite of logic and common sense. Sounds crazy, doesn't it. "Using the opposite of logic and common sense"? Yeah, if they don't want to use logic and common sense, get completely on the other side of that world and go totally ruthless just like Brad Pitt. Worked during the big one, didn't it!!

In any event, I sure did like Brad Pitt's performance in his role. Really neat movie. See ya'll tomorrow.

Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment