Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday's chemo and radiation

Surprisingly enough, I feel really at peace at the moment. I'm not suffering any kind of stomach duress at all and in fact am experiencing somewhat of a calm feeling this afternoon after radiation.

Each day there is a period of fatigue that comes. Curing that is as simple as forcing yourself to lay down and take a nap. It's a bit hard to do that when you are injected with steroids to keep the brain swelling in check because the steroid is like speed. Despite that, I can sometimes lay down and get a 30 minute "shot in the arm" so to speak and even though that's probably considered a short nap by some, it's enough to rejuvenate my spirit.

Thanks for checking in on me. Thanks to Jay, Woody, Hubert, Richard, Byron, mmcoa.org., 11th ACR, 199th Lib and Fireball Aviation and the Red River Valley Fighter Pilot's Association. Also want to thank all my buddies from kindergarten days all the way through college and flight school. The support and good wishes from all of you is like electricity to me.

I'll keep on truckin', ya'll keep on keepin' on.

Regards and thanks again,

Tim Senior

1 comment:

  1. Tim,

    Hang in there brother. While you're fighting a tough battle you've got lots of friends who are praying for you. I can't wait for your complete recovery so I can give you a big "Welcome Home" hug at an Air Cav Troop reunion. We love you and will keep you in our hearts. Take care and may God Bless you with a fast and complete recovery.

    Love Ya Brother,

    Jim Angelini (Raider 1)

    ReplyDelete