Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday morning

Seem to have my days and nights crossed up a bit. Instead of going to bed at 3 or 4, I'm getting up at 3:30. Crazy steroids.

Monday they recalibrated the radiology department. Tuesday they had a chart meeting and recalibrated my head position in the machine by taking xrays and double checking the postion of the "marks" they use on my "face mask" to take their shots from. Very thorough.

Jr and Joey spent some time on the motorhome yesterday doing odds and ends like cleaning an electrical junction box, working on a roof vent, checking out the roof air conditioner amp draws and making a list of repairs that need to be addressed.

Tim jr took the dish and receiver to his house and now have satellite service there. I know that he and Kristin were glad of that.

I was so glad to get all my personal stuff out of it as I've been like a gypsy since Father's Day when the wreck took place. As odd as it sounds, a motorhome can be like a security blanket if you've had it long enough. I think I've had mine fifteen years or so and I sure do like it.

Will finish with week number 2 (of 6 weeks total for chemo and radiation) day after tomorrow, and that puts me one month to go on this package. Am handling the chemo with no nausea at all but will admit to having some small discomfort with the stomach from time to time.

My old jeep driver from Vietnam sent me an email. He's been on the Agent Orange thing for ever. For all you other pilots checking this site for information regarding Agent Orange etc, know that Ronnie spent some time in Vung Tau after the 199th stood down from Long Bien. FYI there is probably a data base out there somewhere for you to search regarding incident rates and location but I don't know where they are as there are no questions at this time regarding my situation. Hell, I have pictures!

Thanks for all the comments. Time to try and hit the rack again. Have enjoyed hearing from so many. It's 3:51 a.m. and I'm going back to bed.

Senior.

No comments:

Post a Comment