Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sulfamethoxazole

Took a Sulfamethoxazole tablet at 8:30 tonight and have pretty much had a fire in my stomach since then. I think it is an antibiodic but I'm so stoned I'm not sure. It's 22 minutes past midnight and I can't sleep because the stomach pain is enough to make it almost impossible. I'm so glad that I'm not doing the nausea thing even though I feel like my stomach is on fire.

Could be that this is the full saturation of the chemo instead of the Sulfamethoxazole but in either event, this has been the toughest night I've had so far. I'm not sick, sick with it but just super uncomfortable. even ice cold water doesn't seem to calm it down.

If this is as tough as it gets, I'll be able to handle it. It's just real uncomfortable and enough to kill your nightime sleeping patterns. Don't know when I'll make it to sleep but will definately have another test drive on this pill Friday. Maybe by then I'll be able to isolate it and draw some conclusions between this one and the full saturation thing because I don't have to take another one of the Sulfmonsters until Friday night.

Just makin' the note for you guys to know. I'm doin' one hell of alot better than any of the ohter radiation patients I see every day at the VA hospital. Alot of "whiners" there. Thought about getting another tee shirt made that says: "How about a nice hot cup of Quityourbitchin" but decided to blow that off. I just hate to go there to get well and have to listen to all the bitchin' and moanin' from the other guys who just don't seem to get how important it is to have a postive mental attitude about this kind of battle.

Half past midnight and I'm hittin a cup of ice water hopin' that it'll put the fire out. See ya'll tomorrow. tb sr

No comments:

Post a Comment