Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pop, when you're sleepin', you're healin'.

Following along with almost all of the advice I get from everybody, I've adjusted to the radiation fatigue through naps. I'm not accustomed to that kind of thing because most of my daytime hours have always been playtime whether at work or during the week end.

I didn't wake up this morning in the same condition I did yesterday in that I was not stoned the minute I opened my eyes. That's a good thing.

I was a little on the fuzzy side but not nearly like I was yesterday. I only had one 15 mg tab of "Tamazapam sleeping script" just to make sure I continued with my over 8 hours per day regimen. It worked in that I had a total of 11.5 hours. That would be 1 hour and 45 minutes between 3 and 5 pm, 4 hours between 9 p.m. and 1 a.m. and then the last 6 hours between 2 and 8 am when I finally drug my butt out of bed. I can feel my body getting stronger even though my head continues to waver between clear and fog banked.

Despite all that, I am getting time to study new equipment offerings and write about a really neat asphalt project on the Gulf Coast that I've been wanting to do for more than ten years. I'm having to do that in little stages instead of having a marathon design period like I used to, but that's okay because the numbers I've been wanting are already coming in better than I'd expected. Nothing like staying active.

I have to get ready to do the chemo deal so I gotta fly before Kristin shows up and finds "Poppa T" a few minutes behind on my drug schedule. She's not only drop dead georgeous, she has a brain that runs like a swiss watch. When she tells you to take those pills, take those pills!

If the head gets clear I'll try to put up a little humor as we've recently seen some stuff that had Tim jr and I laughing out loud for over an hour.

For those of you who are dealin' with things like this (Tom), know that I've learned that the majority of stuff here is NOT negative, depressing, bad.

Waylon and the chickies make alot of that happen and the patients around the hospital fill in the blanks with stuff that could win a trophy on "Smile, you're on candid camera".

Wierd happnin's.

T Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment