Monday, December 21, 2009

One month and one day

I've been off chemo since November 20th. Normally, as most of you know, I'm on for 5 days and off for 25 days. It's just what they do when you are taking twice the normal dose.

Roughly, I've been off 6 days longer than normal. As odd as it may sound, I can tell the difference between the 25th day off and the 31st day off. My strengh is returning. Small things like the absence of weak knees or unsteady legs, is visibly noticeable.

I've also been off any nausea drug for roughly six days. I can tell the difference there, too.

What all this means is this: When I finish the last two installations, I'll know that I should be able to return to a somewhat normal physical condition in roughly a month. I'm pretty fired up.

More as all this unfolds and I begin chemo again on the 28th.

Sr

No comments:

Post a Comment