Wednesday, December 23, 2009

No drugs, lots of food, lots of rest= strength

It's Wednesday night and Tim Jr has taken me to dinner at El Chico's and we've just returned.

My strength is returning almost by the day. After the 30 pound weight loss, I managed to gain 2.1 pounds last week and certainly more this week. The abscense of weakness is noticeable. I'm not dizzy or unsteady when I'm on my feet anymore.

My days and nights are little bit messed up right now but Tim Jr says "when you're sleeping, you're healing". He's been right on all his predictions so far so I'm not letting the fact that I didn't get out of my pajamas until 4 pm today bother me that much. If I feel the need to eat and just rest and regain my strength, that's what I do.

I messed up and tried to go back to work when I first got off chemo but ended up sick in a hotel room one night and the very next week, did the same thing. I ended up in the bed at my friend's house (Tommy and Lanell) but managed to recoup after a shot of Ondansetron and an hour and a half in their guest bedroom. Got a call from one of my bosses advising me to "not overdo it". Man, was he right. They've been super supportive and continue to emphasize the need for me to get back to 100% and not overdo it.

In any event, all of this has been OJT for me. I now know that when the last phase of chemo is over in roughly sixty three days, I'll be able to duplicate the strength scenario mentioned above and hopefully return to some degree of physical normalcy. I'm planning on it.

That's it for now. Will keep you guys in the loop. Have a Merry Christmas and keep smilin'.,

Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment