Friday, December 11, 2009

Catscan complete

I feel like I've spent a million hours at the hospital this week. Blood, agent orange, ptsd, oncology, radiaology, dermatology and now the catscan.

I was a little concerned about the injection of dye in my veins to give the "contrast". The last catscan I had, I don't remember. It was right after the brain surgery and I wasn't clear headed at all about anything. The one before that, I was still unconscious from the wreck.

Some of the guys had been complaining about the damage to the kidneys from the dye. The fact that the technician said: "I cant do the catscan until your blood work is complete because without it, your kidneys are at risk". Damn, what a comment. My blood pressure went up to 140 over 95 with that announcement. All I need is another problem.

In any event, the radiology department has to read the catscan and I couldn't get the results back today. My Oncologist will give me the word Monday. I have more blood work Monday morning and then an appointment with him at 1 pm.

I hate like nobody's business that I have to wait all week end long to find out if I'm going to get one of those "live or die" statements. If I'm clean, I'm home free. If not, I can't stand another brain surgery for tumor removal so I'll have one hell of a decision to make then.

In any event, after all this time, I wish I knew the answer instead of wondering about it. Tim Jr will be here around midnight and he's going to have to deal with all this starting tomorrow. I really can't deal with the paper work and, at the same time, be sick. Just doesn't work. I'm ready for a clean bill of health and a "congratulations" on how you've handled it. I'm really ready to put all this behind me if that's possible.

I guess that's it so far. I'll let ya'll know whazzup as soon as we get the word.

Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment