Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The end times of treatment.

Getting off double dosages of chemo on November 20th and staying off until today December 16th, has taught me a lesson. You're gonna be sick as a dog during the withdrawl period but in reality, that's a good sign as it relates to one's immune system. Mine is working fine and my blood pressure is the best it's been in 20 years. Blood count is great and my system is clearly fighting the cancer instead of fighting the chemo.

I don't have to start again until the 28th because Doc decided I could wait until then and enjoy a Christmas lunch. I should have started again day before yesterday but the "cancer is not spreading" report stimulated Doc to let me have a few days off the sick wagon because of the progress we've all made.

This means that I'll have a sick period in January and February but after that, I'm done with all of it. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it sure feels good to know that I'm not going to be a burden on Tim and Kristin. Will have to go back for periodic catscans and blood tests but that's a walk in the park compared to chemo.

Will keep you guys in the loop. Thanks for hangin in there with me and not giving up.

Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment