Thursday, December 17, 2009

Clear headed

The longer you stay off chemo, the more clarity of mind exists. I haven't taken anything for days including Ondansetron. I actually feel pretty good. Frame of mind is a huge thing when you go through the battle of life and malignant cancer. I don't feel invince-able but I do feel pretty good.

I think back on a couple of buddies I used to work with that have already passed away. I've had a second chance that Laddie and Dale didn't get. I feel confident that I'm going to return to my old self within a short period of time after I take that last shot of chemo. Outside of that, I'll only have to return to the hospital one day per month for a blood test and a catscan. That's a long way from being in the hospital 20 days per month like I have been. It's been a long haul since the wreck that occurred on Father's Day.

Thanks to all for sticking by me especially Jay, Woody, Hubert, Joey, Melis, CB, Harkey, Aunt Margie, Leland, Elaine, Kristin and Jr. Could not have endured it like I did without you guys and gals.

In any event, just wanted ya'll to know that I can actually feel the difference between day 20 (off of chemo) and today. Every day seems to be just a little easier for me. I actually gathered up my hospital bills and put them in an envelope and mailed them to Progressive for payment. Doesn't sound like a big deal but I hadn't been able to do that until now.

Feelin' good and looking forward to tomorrow.

Sr.

1 comment:

  1. You're invincible dude! Another profile in courage (much like you were in RVN)
    Hope we all have as much fight when (and it will) some big test comes barrelling down on us.

    Good job my friend.

    Curt

    ReplyDelete