Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Update

Joey, thanks for putting the pic on the blog. That was taken in Bob's driveway sometime around 2007 ( I think).

Stan, name of my chemo is Temozolomide or something close to that.

I'm into my second round of chemo now and it's been about 34 hours since I began. Taking two anti nausea drugs. Ondesetron and Omeprazole. Good stuff and no sickness yet. I've needed an extremely large number of hours of sleep. The sleep comes easily and the need is quite different than the need that comes from the fatigue of radiation.

I'll try to keep everybody posted as well as I can but tomorrow begins the real day with my third dosage. Oncology says it takes 72 hours to be fully "saturated" with chemo so I'll know sometime soon, maybe tomorrow but certainly no later than noon Thursday.

Sis, come on over this week end as I plan on going to Leesville next week.

News tonight that Tim Jr will be here in roughly two weeks. Will be great as I know the price of being in the Navy and having a wife away from your duty station is dear. Freedom is not free and being a true patriot who does his duty, is sometimes super expensive. Thanks Jr, thanks Kristin.

Poppa

No comments:

Post a Comment