Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Two days in the hospital

Despite the fact that I've spent the last two days at the VA Hospital in Shreveport, it was well worth the time. I have rec'd a formal declaration regarding the radiation and I will NOT be radiated anymore. That is super good news. I really like the crew down there but I'll really like NOT having the burns and the fatigue that come from all that.

I spent all day in the hemotology department and oncology department today. My blood is back where it's suppossed to be and my white count/platalate count/coagulation count is bad to the bone.

I have to make one more trip tomorrow but that's the final trip for chemo indoctrination OR an explanation of the double dosage, when it's taken, how often and what I have to do with the support drugs to counter the nausea. I know that I can handle that cause Doc said I could and he's never been wrong about anything.

With that, I decided to tell him that I went back to work last week for two days and then decided I wouldn't. I changed that story to " I went to the Lake last week to rest up for two days". In reality, I did do that in that I went to the Lake but I was with Tommy and we were actually looking for a spot to put my motorhome.

Sometime tomorrow I'll get the skinny on the chemo. I already know that I'll be able to do 28 days off each month until the end of February. That only puts me out of action for a part of 5 days per month. Beats everyday at the hospital to pieces. Ooooooh Rah!

Thanks to everybody for putting up with the "no posting" during the times I've been too sick to do it or the times where I couldn't get on line. Life is looking better.

Sr.

2 comments:

  1. YEA FOR YOU TIM, YOU HAVE JUST DONE SO WELL AND I COULD NOT BE MORE PROUD OF YOU! KEEP ON KEEPING ON AND DOING SO WELL. THE REST IS A WALK IN THE PARK. PLEASE GIVE MY LOVE TO ALL. LOVE YA, COUSIN ANDREA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim,

    Life IS looking better, my Brother! Keep keepin' on,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete