Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ondestron and Omeprazole Saved the Day.

Before I managed to get the nausea under control, I lost a total of 14 pounds. Kristin brought out the book and the two drugs mentioned above seem to work. What a good daughter in law she is! Thanks, KK.

I go back on chemo Monday. I'm going to the VA Monday morning to make damn sure I have every single support drug I could possibly need because the chemo dosage is going to increase by a factor of 2. That's right, twice as much.

Despite the nastyness of all that, I'm only going to be on chemo for 5 days every month. I'll be off of chemo for 25 days. I'm planning on heading south on the sixth day.

Tommy, Joey and Al Carroll have pretty much completely rebuilt my motorhome. New water pump, new air ride suspenstion system, all new v-belts, generator tune up and replaced sky lights in the roof. Kristin is finishing the inside with a stem to stern clean up.

Thanks to everybody for emails during the really sick part of this treatment. I thought I was done for at one point. I've never been sick so this has been an experience for me.

Hangin tough. Not scared of chemo. Radiation is done ....period! Will let ya'll know how it is as soon as I make it through the first 72 hours.

Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment