Thursday, October 8, 2009

The New Chemo, Paranoia and Concern

How's this for a "Side Effect" statement for the new chemo?

"Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, constipation, tiredness, weakness, and headache may occcur. Nausea and vomiting can be quite severe. Drug therapy may be necessary to prevent or relieve nausea and vomiting. Not eating before your treatment may help relieve vomiting."

They go on to discuss weight loss but I think the above note is enough for now.

I spent the morning at the VA again today as this finished 4 days in a row there this week. I don't mean to sound like a complainer but I sure am ready for a little relief from everything that I've been experiencing since the wreck. I'm ready for a break.

Today is the first day I've been off nausea and steroid tablets as per yesterday's orders from Doc. Had lunch at Ralph and Kacoos today (with Lane who is a customer and a road contractor).
Enjoyed the crab claws and have no nausea as of right now.

Still keepin' my eye on the target but wanted ya'll to know that I may miss a day posting. I don't have to start this fight until the 19th and I'll only have to take these for 5 days on then 28 days off so regardless of what happens, it will be short term and I should be able to have a somewhat smooth time of things during the 28 day off period.

Going to check on the motorhome. It should be finished tomorrow or Monday for sure. I've spent almost 4 grand on the upgrades since the wreck and I'm more than ready to get it parked on the lake.

Will have it located on a nice spot close to the dam on the south end of Toledo Bend Lake, a 15 minute commute to Leesville. It will either be that or on the south shore of Anacoco Lake maybe 5 minutes west of Leesville. It's really pretty there.

Ya'll hang tight, I'm still kickin' it and I'll keep posting.

Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment