Monday, September 28, 2009

Who is Joey?

Okay everybody, here's the answer so many of you have been looking for regarding Joey.

Joey is Melissa's nephew. I've known Melissa since 1965 and have been a part of her life off and on for a long time.

His momma is Melissa's sister. His Dad was a cool dude from the 50's that had neat scooters and eventually, neat cars. I was there when they brought him home from the hospital so I've known Joey all his life.

When I was living out of town, whenever I'd come to Shreveport, I generally came to see Joey because most everyone had already moved away. When Joey decided to come home from Chicag0, many years ago, I put him up in my condo for a month or six weeks or so. When I had the wreck Joey just took custody of me and took me home with him when I left the hospital in Shreveport and was preparing for the brain surgery in Houston.

When Tim Jr and Kristin arrived, Joey converted one of the rooms in his house to a bedroom for Jr and Kristin. He called it the Butler Suite. When all of us returned from Houston and I began my chemo and radiation, Joey took all of us home with him.

In any event, for those of you who continue to ask, that's who Joey is and how the connection had unfolded and remained in tact all these years.

Thanks for asking. Joey needs to get the humanitarian of the year award.

Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment