Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Paper work out the ying yang.

Just for information sake, if you're in the VA system, there's a lot of documentation required. I submitted my DD 214 years ago and have been qualified, certified or bonafide for years in the Agent Orange side of things.

Follow ups are required and you need to make sure that you have all your military records handy.

I am really fortunate to have saved everything including pictures of me standing in a field of Agent Orange Defoliated trees. From a standpoint of validation, anybody who has been to Vietnam, and there's a zillion of us, could tell by looking at the trees. It's another one of those no brainer things. Look behind me and the other pilot in the picture of two guys wearing the green flight suit and you can see part of it. The bark is literally falling off the trees.

In any event, I had a great day today with the radiation gang.

I don't know how long it's been since I've been off of Hydrocodone and Temazepam but it has made enough of a difference that a good friend of mine sent me an email and told me that it was apparent to him, from my personal emails to him, that I was "alert".

Made me feel good as I accept his opinion about things like that as one that comes from a guy who is well qualified to make those kinds of judgements. (Phd).

That's about it for today. Nothing too humorous except to say that I am T minus 10 days to the end of radiation on a daily basis. Feelin' great. Think it's been 11 days since nausea, head ache etc. Rollin right along and lookin forward to hittin the last day of chemo on the 18th. I know that there will be follow ups and MRI's and Cat Scans but they wouldn't be letting me go if I was eaten up with it.........if you know what I mean.

Stan, glad to hear you made it through the brain surgery. Knock em out!!!

Ooooh Raaah!


Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment