Friday, September 18, 2009

Recovery from treatment

Been having some computer problems but things now appear to be okay.

Had the last hit of radiation yesterday and followed that with a visit with the doc to demonstrate motor skills and hand eye coordination. Will post those pics when Kristin transfers them from her camera to my email then to Joey.

Haven't rec'd the word yet on exactly what the score is on the malignancy but I do know that I'm off chemo for 5 weeks and off radiation for 5. Whatever that means, I'm certain it's good news.

Oncology said they want my body to heal from the treatment. I am assuming that whatever the radiation does in terms of fatigue etc, they want my body to return to it's state prior to the first visits to chemo and radiation. I'm game for that as my blood counts are suppossed to be key in whipping all this bidness.

I'm planning on headin' south in a few days but I need to get some parameters set with the doc before I take off. I'm gonna go see Jay and Woody come hell of high water but I just want to have some kind of "conduct" statement from the doc before I go. That's been best for me so far.

Also gonna go stay on the south end of Toledo Bend Lake where I found a neat little cabin to rent. Just need to spend some time with all my peeps who I haven't been around since Father's Day.

Ya'll hang tight, soon as Kristin gets the pics downloaded, we'll post em'.

Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment