Friday, September 11, 2009

The Last Sulfamethoxazole Tablet.

No later than 8:30 p.m. tonight I will take my last Sulfamethoxazole tablet. Will be so glad about that. Clearly, I'm getting close to the end of the road on some things.

Also, I found out today that I've had over 5,000 hits (unit of measure of radiation dosages) since the beginning. I thought it was somewhere around 1,600. That may explain this fatigue thing which really isn't a big deal in that all you have to do is go lay down and close your eyes to fix it.

T minus 5 days and counting. This coming Friday will complete the radiation therapy and release me from the schedule that finds me at the hospital every day. I've had a ball with the gang there but I'm ready to be released and focus on the remaining 10 days of chemo that are required before I get my 25 day off period.

Don't know how all that double dosage of chemo thing is going to work but really don't care all that much as everything the doc has said has unfolded exactly like he said it would and he told me that when the radiation dosage drops to nothing that I would be able to handle the double dose of chemo. I believe him.

I guess that's a wrap for today except to say that I've been asked to write something about the methods one can use to maintain a positive mental attitude during times like these. Lots of other folks going through the same thing I am and they continue to lean of us for advice and guidance to assist them with their support group needs while helping their family.

Won't write about that today as I'm just in from radiation and I don't think I can finish it so I won't start it. Ya'll have a nice week end. Maybe I'll get it done this week end as I'm off Sulfa MOnster, radiation AND chemo! Yeee Haaa. Go LSU, Hey Martha Sue and Otto.

Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment