Monday, September 14, 2009

Milestone Reached!!!

Doc told me today that I had "something" in my blood that was the absolute best. Can't remember what it was but don't care cause I'm not in the blood bidness. I'm in the cancer killin' bidness.

It had a value you to it that was either 146,000 or 164,000. All I remember was it stung me this morning when they were taking the blood sample in Hematology prior to my Oncology appointment.

The long story short on this had to do with the decision that I would be off radiation this Friday but in addition to that, I would also be off chemo. I'm not sure if the recent increases in fatigue, burned skin and hair falling out had anything to do with the decision or not. In that light, I also don't care what stimulated the decision.

Just wanted to post this as some have been a little concerned that I didn't make the post yesterday as anticipated.

Leland is here and he said to say hello or "o hell".

Joey came by and went to supper. Dupester stopped in and took pictures that I will post or get Joey to post when Dupe sends em on.

We may try to take cousin Miriam to see Inglorious Basterds. That will be the 3rd time for me and I can't wait to go.

Kristin is home or will be in twenty minutes or so. Can't wait till she's here. There's just something about being totally organized and equipped when she's around.

I admit that I have a hard time keeping everything in line as it relates to food, food time, pills, pill time and all the other stuff that goes with a regime like I've been on. You'd freak if you knew how many milligrams I've taken since this whole thing started.

In any event, when Kristin is here, I can afford to "forget" because you can bet that she won't. I've missed her. She's been gone 3 weeks and 48 hours or so and so has Jr.

Will fill you guys in on some of the specifics as I know that Stan and Hank's family may wish to know how all of this has unfolded.

Waylon, we gonna hook up on the East Texas bullseye deal. Kat, Monalisa, see ya'll tomorrow. Will bring big brother cause he says he wants to hear what ya'll say when you see my twin.


sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment