Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Yawn, stretch, Ondansetron and motorhome

Taking the Ondansetron as soon as you wake up is the only way to go. Almost the instant you wake up you can tell that something is wrong with your stomach. Take a hit then check your email.............. is the policy here. It's working.

My new 30 amp transformer was installed in the motorhome yesterday. It lets me plug into any 110 volt electrical outlet and operate all the 12 volt systems in the bus like water, alarm clock, and lights without discharging my 12 volt batteries. Was a $441.00 component and worth every penny of it.

I already had a new air ride suspension upgrade installed. Joey did that. It included a new air compressor and all the valve work to distribute the air to each of four air bags.

When Tommy and Kevin moved the bus from Shady Lake to the stone yard in Leesville, Joey and Tim Jr went down there to get it. I was still in bed on a full time basis back then and couldn't even go along for the ride. Tommy had a new set of vee belts installed as well as a new water pump for the 454 big block Chevy engine. IT only has 55,000 miles on it even though I've been using it on jobs for years.

IT's the best vehicular investment I've ever made. Has paid for itself with savings by not renting hotel rooms.

When you build asphalt plants, barge unloading facilities, sand and gravel plants, rock quarries, rail road spurs and stone yards, it's the only way to go.

This latest upgrade brings the total restoration job to $4,000.00 since Joey and Tim went to get it. I've already added a 26" HDTV with a 5 LNB dish for Direct TV. It has 2 roof mounted air conditioning systems, central heat, fridge and freezer plus 4 beds. One is a full size, one is a couch that converts, one is a single made when two seats are rotated to face each other and then reclined to form the bed and the last one is made by dropping the table top on the dinette to make a bed that someone who is 5'9" or shorter, can sleep in. Gas stove for cooking and hot water plus a full sized shower makes it mighty comfortable. Great for camping in style. There's a picture of it on the bottom of page on of the blog. It even has 3 clothes closets plus lots of storage area in the basement compartments.

All I have left to do is get it inspected and apply the new stickers to the liscense plate. Then I'll move it back to Leesville or anywhere Jay, Woody and Hubert need me to go. I'm gonna kick this cancer's ass and get on with living.

As a last note, I wanted to say hello to Jim Angelini. I noticed he's on the members list below. Jim and I served together with the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment in Vietnam. He's the real deal. Arnold Swartzenneger doesn't have anything on Jim. Jim could have been any of those guys in "Predator". Jim, welcome aboard and best wishes for an easy time during your time of mourning for your dad.

Glad you're here.

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm not having to stay in bed all day long or even on the couch every minute of the day. The above constitutes the to do list for me to prepare for my return to the living.

Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment