Sunday, March 21, 2010

Withdrawl

I tend not to post much when I'm not doing that well. Over the past week I've been having a bit of nausea and dry heaves so I've just let the posting go un-addressed. I'm doing better today so I thought I'd make an entry.

First of all, to those who have sent personal emails wondering what's wrong, again, I just lay off the reports until I have something really positive to say. Today, I've been up two and a half hours and haven't had the slightest problem with the stomach. It's just part of the body's way to get rid of the poison that comes with chemo therapy.

In talking with others who have made it all the way through chemo and withdrawl and haven't had to go back, I find comfort in knowing that after a short time, I'll quit what seems to be the never ending commode hugging maneuver.

My weight continues to drop and I'm roughly 40 pounds lighter than I was on day one of radiation and chemo. Despite that, I'm still kicking, just not kicking as high. Will coontinue to fight like hell and look to the future in a promising manner.

Special thanks to Phil for repeatedly coming by and taking me to eat. Would probably wieght 50 pounds less if it weren't for him. Thanks also to Jay and Laura for continued belief and support. Thanks also to Woody, Hubert, Tommy and family.

sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment