Saturday, March 13, 2010

Doctor's orders......sometimes

I had two wonderful days this week.

I drove to Leesville on Thursday and met with all my friends there, had several discussions with Jay about bidness matters and had a follow up meeting in Shreveport the day after that with a customer who also attended the meeting in Leesville.

I was not sick at all at any time during those two days and I honored Woody's orders to "not overdo it". Woody, if you are reading this, the dry heaves come from the Temozolomide not work. I didn't pick up anything heavier than a pencil and a glass of tea.

This morning however, the damn dry heaves hit at 7:45 a.m. It's just the freak nature of drug withdrawl from chemo and it never, ever announces it's arrival. One second you're planning to get out of the house and go visit Aunt Margie or Aunt Grace and the next minute you're doing the dry heave maneuver.

Mighty frustrating but none the less, I know that I can go back to work on a light schedule and do very well. Maybe I shouldn't go in until after I've had my Ondansetron and a little breakfast.

That's it for today. It's 9:30 and I'm already over the stomach problem and have actually had a cup of coffee to prove it.

Thanks to Woody and Jay for letting me come back for a day even though I have one more chemotherapy phase to go through.

Hello to Linda Barron, Mary Turner and Janette Brown from Linda's time at Byrd. It's so nice to hear from girls that used to hang out with Linda when they were teenagers.

Sr.

1 comment: