Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lost 40 pounds

Hey Gang,

I'm doing really well on the emotional and intellectual front.

On the physical side of things, I've lost 40 pounds. With that, there's a bit of weakness that is in conflict with my brain. I keep wanting to go visit with my buddies down south but everytime I pack a bag and fill up with gas, it seems that exhaustion and nausea knocks me out.

That's kinda depressing but I treat it as an accomplishment of sorts. At least I can pack a bag and make it to the gas station. Doc told me that I would be lucky if I could tie my shoes much less do anything else. So, from that standpoint, I'm making progress but I'm not able to complete the full mission.

In any event, I had a great superbowl week end. I'm making progress everyday in every category. I just have a little trouble with the chemo. It never tells you when it's going to raise it's ugly head. You can be okay one minute and the next, without any notice, you're puking your guts up.

Fortunately for me, my buddies at work seem to know that you can't get ahead of the game and that you have to wait until the last treatment of chemo is over before you start to engage yourself in anything.

I guess I've had to learn the hard way on this one but thanks to Woody and Jay, they keep telling me to heal first and act second. I'm just homesick and am really tired of sitting here while all the cool stuff is going on at work without me in the driver's seat. Damn, it's frustrating.

Thanks to everybody, especially Curt and Bernie, two guys from my flying days in the Army. By the way, who is Mopheus in Australia?

Sr.

1 comment: