Saturday, February 27, 2010

Feelin good for the 2nd day in a row.

Weather is good, sun is out, temperature is just right and I'm feeling good for the 2nd day in a row. This withdrawl thing is aggrevating in that you never know when you're going to grab that commode but the commode grabbing isn't nearly as bad as when you're on chemo. That's a good thing.

As I get closer to my last double dose of chemo, I'm spending lots of time making plans for a return to a somewhat normal life. Everybody has a moment in life where a change occurs and nothing is ever the same as it was. Whether it's a car wreck, divorce, the death of a parent or child, everybody has that moment.

I know that I won't be able to play on trains, bulldozers or front end loaders anymore but the brain surgery has not effected my capacity to think, to project, to calculate and to plan the things that I always wanted to do at work.

Guess I'm beginning to transfer that physical hyperactivity to mental hyperactivity. That's sort of a good thing because I'm finding myself thinking about cost cutting things that we can do at work. Oh well, I'll be off the chemo soon and hopefully be able to go see Jay, Woody and Hubert to share my thoughts with them to see if I can continue with the trip to do those kinds of things.
I'm real fortunate to work for the guys that I work for in that they are as anxious to hear those thoughts as I am to say them.

Guess I want to say that cancer, brain surgery and months of chemo and radiation do not necessarily mean the end of the line for everybody. I'm feeling better about work than I have in a long time. My body is weak but my spirits are good. I'll start exercising and regaining the muscle tone that I've lost by being in bed and on the couch for so long. Just need to get a little aerobic exercises going and make it happen.

Thanks again to everybody who has followed the blog and been so supportive. It's been a key ingredient to improvement.

Sr.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know about the bulldozers but bet you'd still be one hell of a Scout (or slicks) pilot!

    Curt

    ReplyDelete