Friday, September 13, 2013

Finally, a comment!

It's funny how hindsight works. This is especially true when it comes to the moments that arrive after a debate ends. History is a funny thing and unfortunately for the Vietnam Veteran, most of the written words about that war seem to be spurred on by emotion and opinion and not historical fact that can easily be demonstrated to be true.

As I mentioned earlier, I had been invited to participate in a debate about the Vietnam War. I fought there and had my own emotional experiences about all the things I saw and did. I believe that I am fortunate enough to classify those military experiences into a single category and then study all the other influences that brought us to the time when we sent some advisors there.

Those influences must include knowing about the circumstances that existed long before most of us were even born. Once you realize that a whole lot of things went down before we ever came along, you might begin to get your arms around the Big Picture.

For some reason, I want to make mention of a World Series game that was allegedly rigged. The majority of players involved in that game worked their asses off but in a sense, the deck was stacked against them and those who were clean of any wrong doing, didn't have a clue who was pulling the strings.

That may not be a good analogy but at this point, somebody has to start somewhere as the Lost War concept never seems to disconnect itself from the players in the military. It's just like the guys on the baseball field.

Even if you do nothing but focus on the influences that came over a century before we arrived, you will eventually find out that we weren't the ones who started anything. It was already there. If you recall the British and their conduct just prior to our own American Revolution, you may begin to get the picture.

Connecting the dots is so simple, that to me, it defies any logical conclusions that the MILITARY lost the war. Even if you go beyond the statistics found within a war of attrition where we lost 58,000 men and they lost 1,100,000 men, one must conclude that there is something else missing.

Even though I've already suggested a list of source documents to read, a list that provides the real situations that existed before, during and after our departure, I've not seen a confirming comment from another site I've posted the editorials on. The Rise and Fall of the Japanese Empire, The 1954 Geneva Accords, The Paris Peace Accords and The War Powers Act are just 4 references.. Despite the fact that this list isn't a quick read, I haven't heard a single word or thought about it except for Ed Wolfe's comment here. Ed was my first room mate in Vietnam.

I feel compelled to get further into it and focus on three words that were used to describe the reporters that worked during the Johnson Administration. Those three words are: "A compliant media".

I'm not sure if it would do anything at all for me as I already know the answer. I'm not sure if it would do anything for the readers as I've already put out a ton of information and really don't have much of a response column to quote from.

It seems that this subject is so sensitive that there isn't much to be said from the Veterans who still suffer from all the lies and propaganda that came during the sixties and early seventies. I've not made a single Post Debate comment on the Cav site I've been working with, as the end results that prove that we, The Military, didn't lose the war, don't appear to produce a greater understanding of how things ended up as they did.

At the moment, I think I'll invite them to continue with the debate but post my thoughts here and ask them to make the decision to post it there....................or not. Thanks, Eddie.      





No comments:

Post a Comment