Sunday, September 22, 2013

A short break for me to say Thanks for the comments.


Even though this is my blog site, I don't have a clue how to work some of the things here. If I knew more about it, I would have already changed the picture of me standing in the front of Tim and Kristin's house. That was probably 2010 or maybe 2011. I would have also done some other things as it relates to comments to the editorials I post here. Most of them come to my personal email address and I understand that it's done that way because so many of you have had difficulty posting comments on this site.

Despite that and with the full understanding of the difficulties in posting comments, you will have to admit that the comments regarding SEATO, have produced an effect. I'm not even sure if you guys can read the comments when they are posted but if you can, please read them especially Ed's comment about the SEATO information that was provided to me by my former Tac Officer, CW2 Diable.

More than anything, my thoughts about being very well informed about Vietnam, had a wake up call. I've read so much stuff that I guess my "what to read next meter" went on overload and I realized that I don't come anywhere near "Knowing it all". I don't know if anybody does but it seems to me that the comment section here certainly proves that there are some bonafide combat Veterans reading these editorials that know a whole lot of stuff.

It's a lot of fun to post as much stuff as I have on this site and think that I've hit a home run. However, after getting emails that say "Dont' forget SEATO", etc, etc, etc, I've come to the realization that there are a lot of combat Veterans out there, Veterans that I know personally, that obviously have done a lot of homework in this same area.

It doesn't make me feel stupid that I overlooked it. It makes me feel like a team member that doesn't have to worry about screwing anything up because guys like Eddie, Curt, Craig, Bernie or somebody, will add to, rather than subtract from, the intent of these messages. Thanks so much for the additions to these stories and your counsel to input more information.

Just as a teaser, I started this post off with a title: "Oh, no. Oh, shit".  Before I got into it, I went over the comments and decided to save Oh, no. Oh, shit, for later.  Wait for it. Wait for it.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment