Friday, February 3, 2012

Greetings to new readers.

For those of you who are just now hooking up with the blog, I would like to say a thing or two about the posts you are about to read.

The post that you see when you open the page is the last post I made. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see the posts I made from the day we opened the blog till today. 2009 and 2010 was mostly for cancer updates. 2011 wasn't a good year for me and I don't think I made any posts as I was having a few problems post surgery, chemo, radiation and the effects from all that.

I am retired now and have nothing more than taking care of myself as a top priority. I had so many conversations with people surrounding the early parts of my life that influenced me to become that man that I am, I decided to write that story on the blog.

There are some very interesting recollections of the World War II stories that came from my Uncles when I was just a little kid. I tell those stories and then move along with my life through grade school, high school, college and then the US ARMY and flight school.

In order to get the story in the proper order, you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the posts started in January. Find the title: "You must have seen this coming" and start from there.

I will take you from the beginning of the stories of childhood all the way through the days of flying combat operations in Vietnam and Cambodia. I hope you start at the beginning of those stories as there is a specific story there that effects all Americans today, including you.

Thanks to family, friends and former members of the 199th Light Infantry Brigade and the  11th Armored Cavalry Regiment for participating.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mr.Butler,
    I just started reading your blog and find it really good and a fun read. I could parallel most of what you said in the first article about getting inducted. I was offered West Point also and I asked the Major pushing my application if I was going to miss the war and he told me that I prolly would. I asked him to have me reassigned to VietNam. Obviously, he said I was making a mistake and tried to talk me out of my "option" and like the dimwit I've always been, I insisted. At that time, I think West Point was mainly and engineering school and my math skills rendered me too dumb to count my nuts. And the rest, as they say, is history.

    ReplyDelete