Sunday, January 29, 2012

Short note about blog participation.

You guys won't believe who popped up regarding the blog.

There are guys from grade school, high school, college, flight school, my first unit in Vietnam, the famous 199th Light Infantry Brigade and the second unit which was commanded by none other than George Patton's son.

He was gone by the time I arrived but those of us in the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment Air Cav Troop,  weren't a part of flying the brass around, we were stictly a combat unit that was composed of Cobra Gun Ships, Aero Scouts and the Blue Team who flew the famous Huey. They did everything from night time combat ops that we called Nighthawk Guns as well as troop insertion and extraction.

In addition to that, and in perfect harmony with the back ground stories of my Uncles stories about World War II, I managed to track down a couple of well respected Louisiana boys who, dare I say, are connected to the great military strategist, General Robert E. Lee. I won't mention their names now but let me say that one is a successful attorney and the other is the most astute financial officer I ever had the good fortune to work with.

In any event, this thing is beginning to look like a who's who of influential people from many different disciplines from the 50's onward.

I'm so excited about the Lee family coming on board I will pretty much have to take a break for a while and get my ducks in a row. Already done some study on Robert E. Lee and the incredible military moves he made when the Civil War was in high gear.

I guess it's almost heracy to say that it's a shame he didn't have the supplies and logistical support he needed back during that day. In any event, thanks so much to all of you who are now confirming your support of this through comments on the blog and direct emails. It's an inspiration for me and the stimulant that I need to continue with the message that so many of you are now telling me to continue with.   

No comments:

Post a Comment