Friday, April 11, 2014

The MRI machine at the VA is broken.

I went to the hospital and found out the reason I was given the appointment off site. Our MRI crashed and my Oncologist wanted a different view of my brain to measure the thickness of the scar tissue where part of my right temporal lobe used to be. As I understand it, this last test was the big one. Since I passed it and there's no evidence of any more cancer, I think he wants to see if the brain swelling medicine is as necessary as it once was. I'm not sure about that but that's what I understand is the reason for another look.

I guess I have to retract my statement regarding "Paranoia". I was claiming "Vigilance" and only did so as the normal method of arranging brain scans was not used this time. Aplogies to my first room mate in Vietnam, Ed Wolfe and to my big brother Leland for any concerns.

In any event, if it doesn't show up by July 9th, I fall into the category of "survivor" and shouldn't have to worry about any return of the Glioblastoma. I just wanted to clarify the last post. Thanks to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment