Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bernie and Big Brother

I'm probably going to delete the previous post as I have received an email from Bernie who was my tac officer at Ft. Wolters in 1969. He explained to me that my previous posts were read by his daughter and that after reading them she managed to get a clear picture of what her Daddy's role was during that time.

As pissed off as I've been recently regarding the blocking of the Wall in DC for a photo op, Bernie managed to recharge my battery and get me back on the historical track of reporting the war from my perspective. In a sense, he unplugged my pissed off machine and rebooted the real thing that those posts were based upon.

As I thought about that and the number of comments I'd received about Craig Wollman's guidance when I was his co pilot, I began to get a sense that being pissed about PC issues needed to be set aside for another time and not cause any further conflict with what I wanted to write about.

Leland told me that I might consider a situation where I showed up at a football game with an LSU sticker on my rear windshield and what that might mean to the opposing team. Even though I like all the teams in the SEC, I got his meaning and with Bernie's note, decided to get back on track. Thanks to Big Brother and Bernie for a little help along the way. I appreciate the input.

Tim



No comments:

Post a Comment