Sunday, October 3, 2010

Last Quarter of 2010

I'm no longer trying to live the lie that I could return to work in a "totally uneffected manner after brain surgery".

I'm not saying it was a mistake or the wrong thing to do. I'm certain it was the most beneficial thing I could have possibly done after the ten month long battle I had from day one of the wreck till I walked out of the hospital on my last day of chemo therapy.

I will say that I should have done it in a different manner. Too many hours trying to catch up and too many obstacles along the way for a guy with the kind of wounds I suffered from the whole episode.

Most recently, it has been determined that I'm a high risk candidate for stroke or siezure. It's a brain swelling thing that causes some very small openings in the brain to close and cause stroke.

With no real way to explain it in medical terms, I will simply say that we have a number of canals in our brain that transfer information from the audio and visual receptors to our processing center and then on to the top of the brain. At the crown, there is an information center that allows the input to go down the spinal column and produce movements. That's why some people who have strokes lose the use of a limb.

In any event, I have given it the best shot I could but I just can't do the full time thing anymore. Despite that, I'm in fine shape financially and don't have to worry about any killer medical bills or anything like that (pardon the pun).

Will keep everybody posted on all this and prolly start doing a better job with the blog.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment