Thursday, April 5, 2012

Short note about email from Craig Wollman

You McInnis girls are gonna love this, especially Risa.

Risa, right after you called and we discussed some things on the blog and how much you enjoyed hearing about Wollman and the little details like OAT, EGT etc, I received an email from Craig.

Craig was responding to an email I sent him about the mission I intend to post next. In that email, he confirmed a thing or two I wanted to know about the next mission but he added another note about the previous posts.

He told me that the report I described as OAT, EGT etc, was called a "DEAR" and it meant "Daily Engine Analysis Report". He also told me that they still use it today in commercial helicopter operations. I don't want to spoil the next combat mission so I won't add anything here at this time but I will say that I'm glad I correctly recalled the next mission and that it was Craig that was flying AC.

Stand by, more coming later. Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment