Sunday, June 20, 2010

I'm in the 5% group now.

95% of the glioblastoma multiform cancer victims die within 3 to 12 months. Remember last year on Father's Day when I had the wreck and they found the tumor? Well, today made a year for me. Now, I'm off the 95% list and on the 5% list. Looks like I'm gonna be around a long time.

I had a headache and, as per doctor's orders, I reported to the emergency room this morning. I ended up having an emergency catscan to see what the problem was and I'm happy to announce that it appears that there's been no change at all and another tumor wasn't the cause of the headaches. Kristin and Tim Jr thought it might be my new script for eyeglasses. If you've ever changed, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Oooooohhhh Raahhhhhhhhh.

Sr.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy for you! We lost a good friend in a matter of a few weeks to a glioblastoma Type IV. Really potent disease. I am pleased to see that someone else made it, it gives hope for the future! Thanks for you inspiring story!

    ReplyDelete