Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Don't know what happened yesterday.

My first day back on chemo was not good. It easily marked the "largest" stomach episode I've had since I've begun this double dosage chemo. In that light, yesterday was the benchmark of sick.

Don't know what I would have done without Kristin as she came in from work and arrived before Tim Jr could get here from the Reserve Center.

They called the hospital to find out their opinion. My neice Paige, has been a Godsend as she's a nurse there and probably should be a doctor.

Kristin cleaned up the mess and discovered no evidence of Temzolomide capsules so they decided that I had digested all the pills before I hit the thunder mug. With that in mind she went to the drug cabinet and pulled out the Ondansetron and two other tablets that are used to stop the stomach eruptions. They worked and by 4 o'clock, I was able to walk without puking.

Tim Jr called this morning to advise he was going back to the VA to get my chemo bidness lined out. He should be here by noon. So far, I'm not sick today. I'm down to 204 pounds from 231 and I can't seem to get back to the "bulk up" numbers the Oncologist wanted me to achieve. I've tried really hard but I can't seem to eat anything beyond 1/4 or 1/2 portions of a meal.

Aside from that, I'm experiencing some imbalance in my equilibrium. Don't know what to think about that as it may be a result of weakness more than the right temporal lobe loss from surgery. It may also be a result of depth perception loss from only having one eye that works. The right eye is gone.

How bout this: "I'm happy be alive even if I'm a one eyed half brained weight losing combat vet.

Listened to Barack Osama's freeze on spending this morning and was wondering how that was going to hamper veteran's benefits. Perhaps we should pass a freeze on all new spending during his administration.

It's amazing how the war on terror is effecting everything including veteran's benefits. Maybe we should change our budget to transfer all foreign aid of anykind and give it to the military to fund nukes aimed at everybody who has proven to harbor or aid terrorists.

One dirty bomb in the U.S. or another terrorist attack could be followed by the destruction of all terrorist States. Taliban claimed responsibility this morning for another attack. Seems logical to me. Kinda like World War II and the strategy we used successfully to stop the fanatics back then. We should listen to the lessons we learned from them from that time in our history where suicidal maniacs were all over the world attempting to take over the world.

Oh well. Mighty confusing times. I'm for nuking and bringing everybody home to watch it on tv instead of fighting in the field. Just try and remember the result of the nuke. When it was dropped, the war was over! There's my solution to all these problems including the war on terror and also, the economy.

Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment