Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Welcome Tim Wigman

In the late 50's when my father passed away, I began attending Catholic boarding schools. It ended up being one of the best decisions my mother made for me and the experiences I had there have served me well over my life time.

I started off in 1959 with a summer session at Subiaco Academy near Paris, Arkansas and then went to Morris School for Boys in Searcy. My cousin Greg came with me as his dad and uncle both attended Morris when they were kids. It was a Crafts family tradition and since they grew up to be self made men who were very successful, that path was chosen for me and it was a good one. Greg's dad married my dad's sister and that's how the connection was made.

Tim Wigman was one of those kids out of 109 that one always remembers. He was the only one that had a record player and Tim introduced us to Elvis Presley and later on, the Beatles. A few years back, Greg and I were playing on the computer thinking about Morris School and thoughts of Tim Wigman led us to a search to find him. Now, we find a connection by email that came in this morning as did a request to send his buddy Ben, a link to this blog.

In any event, hello to Tim and family.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment