Monday, May 24, 2010

Half a brain photo

How's that for a picture change? Chemo and radiation will sure put some "ugly" on a guy. Despite the brain surgery, from the front, you can't really tell there is a dent in the side of my head. Joey says that "chicks dig guys with scars" so I guess it will all work out in the end.

I am doing really well in the sick department. No stomach trouble at all. I have these follow up appointments at the VA that take some time but that's a heck of a lot better than doing the chemo boogie!

I lost my right eye and I have an eye appointment at 8 am this morning so I gotta hit it. I have a head appointment Wednesday that I understand will last all day long. Don't have a clue why it will take all day to get r' done, but I'm being very, very careful to follow their instructions to the "T" and not missing an appointment. Can not afford to lose my benefits as a result of not complying with their orders so I keep doing exactly what they say.

I moved my motorhome 120 miles south of Shreveport and am doing my "rehab" down there. You can google "Toledo Bend Dam" and kinda get an idea of the terrain.

I get to be surrounded by all my buddies, stay mentally engaged and play the stone yard game, too. I like it a lot and it does wonders for a guy's self esteem to know that he's not a complete invalid even though the Chief of Staff of Oncology tells me that my brain scan indicates: "There's nothing up there". My big brother told me that he could have saved all that catscan money as he could have told the Doc that there hasn't been anything up there for years. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim, You look absolutely great. You would never know all you have been through by the picture, you just look great. I am so happy about all your good news! Keep on posting, I do look farward to hearing about you. Please give my love to all and you keep on doing such a good job being well. Love ya, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. My man Tim!!!!
    You look fantastic!!! I am so happy about you beating this that it brings tears to my eyes. FYI: I know of some pilots that are flying with one eye, restricted to private pilot status but it's still flying. Please keep up the postings when you can as Shannon and I really want to know how you are doing. It's been a long time since we were having fun together at Wolters but in many ways it seems like only yesterday. Those were difficult and wonderful times all rolled into one. You have always been in my thoughts and I continue to laugh at some of the stuff that went on back then. Thanks for the memories Tim, my brother from another mother!
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete